electrical question (OT)

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 18:02:43 EST

Besides being piano tuners, I know many of you have knowledge and abilities
beyond that scope. So I am hoping some of you have a little knowledge about
electrical components in florescent lights.

In my kitchen is a four tube florescent fixture. Two of them went out, so I
bought 4 new ones. The same two are still out. So I suspect one of the two
the ballasts are blown. I shut off the electricity, and removed the panels,
and touched both of them. One is very hot, the other just warm. Now the
question. If a ballast is bad, would it just be warm, or be very hot to the
touch?

Thanks for the advice.

Wim