Band saws (Grizzly)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:36:25 -0800

All,
My biggest concern with major tools, that are made in Taiwan, China, etc.,
is: Can I get the darned thing fixed if it breaks? Let's consider, also,
that American made products keep Americans working. However, having said
that, go with the best tool(s) you can afford. IMHO CHEAP always comes back
to bite you in the backside.
I have a bandsaw that was made in the 1940's. It is massive and well made.
It continues to serve me well, with very little maintenance, other than
setting it in it's proper specs. from time to time. Good preventative
maintenance is always the best way to go.
My olde shop teacher said: "You can't do a sharp job unless you have a SHARP
tool." and "You can't do a PROPER job, unless you use the PROPER tool".
(Don't open paint cans with your screwdriver, etc.) :-)
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)