tuning with Dampp-Chaser

James Baker JamesBakerRPT@carolina.rr.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 07:28:40 -0500

I live in North Carolina, that's NORTH Carolina, I say.  Very =
(extremely, you might say) moderate climate.  I used the heater bars out =
of a rear mount system and use those water tanks as shot glasses.  I =
prefer the humidifier inside the piano where I actually WILL service it =
occasionally.  The humidistat is inside also so I don't believe it is =
getting over humidified.  It has been working so far with no =
sluggishness in the action so I'll wait and see and it has been this way =
for a couple of years.

Thanks
James
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kevin E. Ramsey=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 9:02 PM
  Subject: Re: tuning with Dampp-Chaser

      Hi, James.=20

      First of all, what do you mean by "rear bars". Did Damp-Chaser =
come out with little bars while I was in one?

      In order to really contribute to any scientific discussion about  =
why this worked so well for you, we first have to know what the general =
conditions are where you live. For instance, if you lived in a fairly =
wet environment, putting the heater bars on the back wouldn't do =
anything for the action, which may become sluggish, to say the least. =
You must live in a pretty dry place, where the piano needs the moisture =
in the action cavity more than it needs the drying power of the =
de-humidifying bars, am I right?=20
      If I'm wrong; wouldn't be the first time, just ask Wim.

    ----- Original Message -----=20