tuning with Dampp-Chaser

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 08:52:20 -0600

> From: Patrick C Poulson <pcpoulso@pacbell.net>
>
> Charles: I have experienced the problem of a piano going out of tune after
> the case has been opened, particularly on uprights, but I have always
> attributed the drift to a change in temperature rather than humidity.

Thanks. I'll pay more attention to the temperature changes to get a better picture of what I'm dealing with. Come to think of it, I usually turn up the heat just before I go into the room with the piano. I have a similar problem with my tuning fork. Between handling it and setting down and handling it again, its pitch changes quite a bit. TuneLab doesn't seem to have that problem. :)

Charles