dunce

Carl Teplitski koko99@mb.sympatico.ca
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:52:49 -0600

Whilst sitting in a movie theater engrossed in the picture, my buddy
went and purchased a chocolate bar for me and something for himself. Not
much talking was being done as movie was in progress. Trying to be as
quiet as possible, I unwrapped bar, and proceeded to throw it on the
floor while holding onto the wrapping. I think I was 12 yrs. old at the
time, but remember it very well today, and also the emotion it brought
on. Have felt similar emotions when doing some really stupid thing
during an exercise that only a" highly skilled technician "like myself
is supposed to know how to do. Have said this to customers during one of
these times, and almost
without fail, the customer who is paying you good money for being this "
humble " highly skilled tech. will laugh out loud, because it proves
that we are after all humans, and prone to committing unpardonable
blunders.I once asked a very good friend of mine if he had ever played a
song right thru without an error, and he said no, and didn't expect it
would ever happen.
He has never done anything else but play music professionally. I can
forgive myself, but it sure has a way of bringing you back to feeling
not so hot, if in case you've been getting a little full of yourself !!
Really enjoyed hearing of so many skilled people confessing . Restores
my faith in human nature.  Really great posts.

Carl / Winnipeg.