Yamaha Celesta Repair

Joel Jones jajones2@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:42:27 -0600

Mayday!    Mayday !

 List.
Does anyone have hands on experience with the Yamaha Celesta.  The Madison
Symphony has a 2 year old unit that has a problem that I believe has a
simple solution, but I haven't fallen over it yet.
    All the black keys and a few white keys in the bass  are resting 1/8"
low.   This relates to the action on the lower rank of the action frame.  I
can make the keys return to their correct level if I push on the back rail.
Nothing seems to be underneath the rail and nothing seems to be loose or
unglued.
    Anyone had this problem or something like it?    Of course this has to
be up a running for a rehearsal Thursday pm.   Hope someone has some
experience and can give me a few pointers.
    Thanks in advance.
Joel

--
 Joel A. Jones