Unglued Hammerheads (Clamping)

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 22:24:50 +0100

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

Isaac,

Thanks for your advice.
I'll contact Desfougeres and ask if they can also put new leather on =
those special rollers.
I'll ask what method they use.=20
The hammers that I had get refelt from Abel were ok but as you say, they =
should have more experience with this.

I have recently restrung one of those parallel Erard Grands that you =
mention  (used the Roslau blue wire , single strings)
but left the original basstrings (still in good condition and  good =
quality) =20
Do you think the Roslau blue is not the right wire to use?
The results were good and yes, I agree, very nice pianos.
For me from the best ever made and I now better understand those people =
who does only want to hear
about parallel strung pianos. Fine and rich sound.
Tuning those is verry easy and pleasant.

Regards,
Pierre Gevaert.
----- Original Message -----=20