Bandsaw Recommendation

Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:53:46 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> I need to break down and buy a band saw. What is the minimum size you recommend for the piano shop (pinblocks, bridges, etc.)? Any favorite brands? Any special features to look for? I would prefer a bench mounted bandsaw if that small a unit will meet my needs - however, I hate buying stuff and then after using it deciding that I should have spent 50 more bucks and got the bigger or better one. Thoughts? Thanks.
>
> Terry Farrell

Not being by any means an expert on which brand of what tool to buy... I have found that in buying such tools as band saws, drill presses, lathes...etc.... its not a bad idea to buy something that is a bit over-dimensioned for what you think you will need.

All that extra....whatever it is that you pay for seems to work out to better precision, and better durability... If you are gonna buy a middle or big ticket tool item...... dont go for the Local Yocals Chain Hardware Store Saturday special... put out some good money and buy a nice tool.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.