refinishing-stripping

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:24:59 EST

Hi list,
  I have a small grand I'm rebuiding / refinishing for a customer.It was
painted white
years back,and the white is in the pores of the wood.I have it stripped down
to the wood,and the wood is milky looking,from the paint.I have decided to
paint it black,and was debating on grain filling,versus some sort of bondo
product.A friend of mine said I would not have to do either,as the paint is
already in the grain.I have not stirpped the inside of the case,and it has
some cracks,should I fill it,or strip and go from there?
Thanks again,
Hazen Bannister