Stripping Steinway Ebonized finish

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:09:24 -0800 (PST)

Hi Julio,

My usual preference is for Strypeeze (made by
Savogran).  It's available at places like Sherwin
Williams, but many others.

I like the paste or semi-paste flavors so that it
can sit on the finish for a while. And on some
finishes, it does take a while and perhaps a
second coat for the stubborn stuff.  (And ya
can't be stingy with it either.)

If that doesn't do it, I don't know what to
suggest.

(Yes, I know, I know, it's nasty stuff.  But I
use it because it works!... good ventilation
required...)

Good luck.

Brian T.

=====