Unglued Hammerheads (Clamping)

Brian Lawson lawsonic@global.co.za
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 18:58:48 +0200

The cheap field fix for the cheap piano PVA on the felt, CA on the molding,
clamp it with a cable tie

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: <Kdivad@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: 19 March, 2002 04:04 PM
Subject: Re: Unglued Hammerheads (Clamping)

In a message dated Tue, 19 Mar 2002  3:00:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no> writes:

> Yes....moot and loofoot and all that I am sure. But WE (field techs) do
> not glue hammer felt back onto the molding. I have not come across
> a tool for doing so in the field before, and wonder if the tool you
mention
> is appropriate at all. In anycase its a waste of time. Any way you
> add it up you are much better off replacing heads.
>
> Otherwise I gotta admit I misread the post.... probably because I couldnt
> dream anyone would seriously consider trying to reglue hammer felt to
mouldings
> in this fashion that were damaged in this fashion.
>
> MA
>
> Ricb

Richard, where can I find your type of clientele.  WE (field techs) can only
afford to do what the client can afford to do.  I know not all repairs are
very "acceptable" but if it keeps a piano in the house and the kids still
taking lessons until the client can afford new hammers or a new piano, it is
definitely worth it.

David Koelzer
DFW