Fees

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:27:06 EST

davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> Going to this method required a slight increase in my fee and I was a bit
> concerned about this at first.  But I am finding little or no resistance
> when I explain that the fee buys a block of time.  Overall, it has allowed
> me to reduce my appointment load on any given day to a maximum of 4 (before
> it was 5).  There is less driving and less stress involved in making it to
> the next appointment on time when I run into something unexpected.  I can
> deliver better service and feel more satisfied with my work.  Customers are
> ultimately more pleased with the instruments (even if they don't know
> exactly why) which is good for referral business.  I suggest you all
> consider it.
>
> David Love

David

As long as what you charge for the 1.5 hour of time pays your business
expenses, and provides you with an income with which you can pay your home
bills, then go for it. Generally, piano tuners are charging about $70 -- $90.
(depending on where you live). Most tunings are done in about 60 - 75
minutes. (Again, depending on experience, etc..) If you have been charging,
lets say $80, for tuning, and it took you 60 minutes. then you should be
charging $120 for your 1.5 hour service call. If you can get it, great. If
you're not charging that much, you'll be cheating yourself.

Wim