clunk reducer?

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:28:04 -0600

Hi all,

I have run into a problem with a Yamaha Diskclavier Upright Model Mx100A.
There is a spring on the sustain pedal that is intended to reduce the
"clunk" as the unit's pedal control is "on/off". On this spring there is a
piece of leather glued to the spring. The adhesive has "let go" and the
leather works its way out of place leaving a *snick* sound each time the
pedal is depressed.

Can this spring be removed safely and will removal increase "clunk" to an
unacceptable level?

If I choose to reglue what adhesive might be best?

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.