Bluthner soundboard

Ronald Ochs ronspianoservice@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:07:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,

My question is regards to a 1914 Bluthner 6'10". My
client had bought this piano off E-Bay in a supposed
"rebuilt" condition. The hammers had been replaced
some years before, but no other action work seemed to
have been done. The soundboard had been replaced, but
it was glued and screwed on top of the old soundboard.
Is that a standard rebuilding technique? The piano is
so far out of regulation and let-off is much to far
away from the strings to give a very strong tone.
 Has the string height been effected by the stacked
soundboards? Or do I go ahead and regulate it, and
hope for the best?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks a lot.

Ron Ochs