Replacement for Heintzman console

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:11:11 -0500

Hi Jeannie,

A lot of these little pianos had nylon or plastic flanges which made the
regulation a little weird. These flanges would be too thight or the pins
would walk out. If the customer has a new replacement policy, I would think
a Yamaha P-22 would be about equivalent to the Heintzman. Equivalent for the
tone, but with a better action.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Jeannie Grassi
Sent: 2002-mars-14 22:01
To: Pianotech
Subject: Replacement for Heintzman console

Hello, List,
I need some help with an insurance claim.  The piano (or what's left of it)
is a 1974 Heintzman 42-in. console.  I've seen some beautiful older
Heintzmans, but this looks to be of the quality that some of our American
counterparts during that time period, i.e., inferior to anything that
preceded it under that same name.

It may be salvageable, but my client needs to know what would be an
equivalent piano for replacement purposes.  This piano is not playable at
present, so I have no way of judging the quality of sound, scaling or action
response.  I haven't seen enough of this make to give an educated guess....
I only know of it's past reputation with older instruments.

Can anyone, especially you Canadians, help me come up with a suitable
replacement instrument?

Thanks so much,
jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net