Terry/Chickering 1/4 Grand Questions

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:53:26 -0800

Terry,
I've re-what-evered several. There are several "versions" of this beast.
Some are better than others. The original one had brass flanges and all of
the wippens/hammer shanks were at the same angle as the strings. A true
nightmare! My solution was a new action with buckets of modifications to get
the darned thing to function properly. (At the time, the new action was
called a "Clemson Action", which came from the olde Pratt-Read Company,
later know as Pratt-Win, a subsidary of Baldwin. I don't think this action
is available anymore. Besides, my preference would be a Renner.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)