Dunce of the Year

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 23:37:31 -0500

> when I bored all the angles of a fine set of Steinway hammers
> with the mirror image of the proper angles and had to throw them away.

Ok, ok, I admit it, I have done the same thing.  But I am so stubborn.
I had started to hand the darned things and I realized something was a
little off.  The hammers hand been tapers and shaped but I scratched my
thinning hair and I plugged the holes and redrilled them, reshaped them
and hung them.  They are still on some piano or other working as if
nothing had happened.

I think I have made every mistake there is to make.  The problem is I
find new ones to make all the time.  Will I ever learn.  No likely, it
_is_ hard to teach old dogs new tricks. :(

		Newton