Dunce of the Year

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 19:30:32 EST

I drill my pin block on the bench. I have a shelf that sits on feet so that
the shelf is at 7 degrees. (I know, it's probably too much of an angle, but
that's another story.)

When I put the block on the shelf, I start drilling the treble end first,
with the bass end to my left. But when I did my first block, I wanted to get
a feel of it, so I started drilling the bass end first, with the treble end
to my left. I got about 2/3rds of it drilled when the thought finally crossed
my mind that I had the block on the backwards. I kept that block in my shop
for over 15 years as reminder to never make that same stupid mistake again.

Wim