lamiknucklewood

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 14:57:55 -0600

A set of shanks (not original) in an action I'm working on has knuckles
with laminated wood. They and the hammers on them look like new. I don't
recall seeing these anywhere before, and I was wondering who might have
made them. The shank set is reduced from rectangular to round in three
lengths (placed at random in the scale in this case, but that isn't the
shanks' fault). The hammers have red underfelt, and are "coved" with a
squared out notch that looks like it would keep me from plugging the holes,
correcting the 3mm too long strike distance, and re-using them. I'm not
sure there is enough wood there to shape the tails, or that I care to try.
The original installer didn't apparently try or care. I priced the job for
replacement, but I am curious whose shanks and hammers these are.

Ron N