drilling new pinblock/quick help

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 18:31:41 EST

List:
Am drilling new pin block installed in grand piano. Question.....do the
tuning pin holes lean back perpendicular to the stretcher at a 7 degree angle
on every hole or do the holes lean back at a 7 degree angle in line with the
direction of the intended string....fanned so to speak. OR......does it
matter?
I hope to drill tomorrow after church. I would appreciate a quick reply. I
suspect.....it does not matter which direction the strings run whether toward
the left or toward the right of the harp, all the tuning pins are in the same
direction leaning toward the stretcher at a 7 degree angle. IS THIS RIGHT OR
WRONG?
THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.