Retailers - is there a remedy?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:42:27 EST

In a message dated 3/9/02 10:02:50 PM !!!First Boot!!!, MoodyPiano@AOL.COM
writes:

> We had one instance where a husband was buying for his wife a surprise piano
> for their new home.  It ended up not being her style.  There was nothing
> wrong with the piano, just not her thing.

A customer of mine, piano teacher, was saving money to some time in the
future to  buy a rebuilt Steinway. One day, there was a knock on the door,
and movers delivered a brand new 4'7 Kohler & Campbell grand. Her husband
surprised her with it. It was on sale at Sam's, and since he knew she wanted
a grand, he didn't know the difference.

When I discussed this with her later she said, "I love my husband, and he is
a very good, and intelligent man, but this is the stupidest thing he has ever
done."  She doesn't have the heart to tell him the Kohler is not exactly the
same as a Steinway. And since there is "nothing wrong with it", she can't go
and trade it in. Unfortunately, she now will have to wait even longer to get
her Steinway.

Wim