Retailers - is there a remedy?

MoodyPiano@AOL.COM MoodyPiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 16:55:44 EST

Mark,

Sorry to hear that your client is having problems with her new piano.  I=20
think that the store's obligation will depend on what is actually wrong with=
=20
the piano.

If there is a defect with the piano, every effort should be made by the=20
store/Young Chang to resolve the issue.  If this issue is, for some reason,=20
unresolveable I would think that the only right thing to do would be for=20
Young Chang to issue a replacement piano.  This would be the case only if=20
there was an actual defect with the piano.

Unfortunately, the possibility exists that there is nothing wrong with the=20
piano.  As a general rule, we try to discourage "surprise" pianos for people=
=20
who have been playing for years.  We had one instance where a husband was=20
buying for his wife a surprise piano for their new home.  It ended up not=20
being her style.  There was nothing wrong with the piano, just not her thing=
.=20
 She ended up coming in and choosing a piano that was several thousand=20
dollars less than the original piano (that had already been delivered to her=
=20
home).  To try to be accomodating and keep a happy customer we did allow the=
m=20
to trade down but charged a restocking fee to cover the extra moving costs.=20=
 =20
I think that every dealer has to have policies but also be somewhat flexible=
.=20
 If its just that she doesn't like the way the piano plays and nothing is=20
actually wrong with the piano, she shouldn't penalize the store for a mistak=
e=20
that her parents made for picking out the wrong piano.

I think the first thing to do is to find out if the problem is a piano defec=
t=20
or just not her style piano.

I hope it all turns out well.
~Lanie
Moody Piano, Inc.
Metro West Plaza (rear)
796 Boston Post Road East
Marlborough, MA 01752

Phone:  508-229-3601 =E2=80=A2 Fax 508-303-8996
Toll Free 1-866-4MY PIANO (1-866-469-7426)
<A HREF=3D"mailto:MoodyPiano@aol.com">MoodyPiano@aol.com</A> =E2=80=A2 <A HR=
EF=3D"http://www.bushellcompanies.com">www.moodypiano.com</A>