roller lube alternatives

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 09:32:53 +0100

> What's soapstone ?  Heard of soap, and heard of stone, but.........
> Carl

The name is Steatite - it is a mineral, I am not absolutely sure it is only
talc , my dictionary says talc is magnesium silicate - in a natural form .

Used by welders as a chalk - the French usual name is "Craie de Briancon"
(chalk of "Briancon")

 Have a look at :
http://www.pierres-steatites.com/documents/aboutsoapstone.htm

I give it a try, don't know what to think about yet, sure it is not as messy
as chalk, and it seems to be a good lubricant wood vs. wood or metal/vs.
wood, but I am not sure it is not a little abrasive after all.

It have thermal proprieties that makes it used in warming applications. Used
for sculpture too ...
http://www.geology.neab.net/minerals/talc.htm

Isaac OLEG