Muffler Rail Felt

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 19:30:48 -0700

    Patrick, I don't see anything special about the felt used on the =
mufflers. I would think any similar thickness of felt would do. You can =
buy it at a fabric store for about three dollars a square yard, enough =
to do a dozen muffler rails.=20
    Getting it permanently attached to the rail is another story, but I =
think you could make it work without too much trouble.
   =20

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Patrick C Poulson=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 1:57 PM
  Subject: Muffler Rail Felt

  Hello All: A minor request here. I have a customer who wants the =
muffler
  rail felt replaced on her old upright.  Does anyone know if local =
fabric
  stores would possible carry a similiar type of felt, or am I going to =
have
  to order it from the supply house? I would normally order it from the =
supply
  house, but just put in an order yesterday for other stuff, and am =
reluctant
  to make a order for just one $4 item if possible.  Yes, I could wait =
for my
  next cumulative order, but just thought someone may have found an =
adequate
  substitute. Thanks, Patrick Poulson