Chilean Report - Yamaha C1

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Fri, 08 Mar 2002 13:19:07 -0500

Hi Brian,

Interesting storage solution they came up with.

I have done fast semi emergency work of course but I really like to take
my time doing a very detailed, thorough and exacting job of regulation.
It took us two days to decide upon the plan of action, exploring and
explaining all the options.  I wanted to taper the hammers and re-weigh
the action but he didn't so we came up with the solution that worked for
him.  His money after all.

Yes I was on vacation and Fernando and I had a lot of fun doing the
project.  He commented often how hard I was working but I was working at
my normal age induced slow pace.

When moving the stack any distance at all it takes time to decide what
values to use and almost everything has to be done, let-off, drop, dip,
etc., etc.  Also I tuned it and voiced it.  The voicing I did one day
and finished it a day and a half later, giving the hammers time to show
their colors. :)

I did not at all like the regulation I found on the piano.  It was not
due to instability or new parts, just poor regulation of a Yamaha
"Technician".  Sheesh, if I can't do any better than that I would quit!

Thanks for the picture show and the note.

Have a great weekend (already started me thinks).

		Newton