fast puzzle, knock knock

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 21:07:31 EST

Greetings,
    A new Steinway D.  Going over the action, I notice a knocking sound when
the pedal is used in rapid repetition.  I guess people most often call it
"fluttering the pedal", (which calls to mind a goodle Southern boy trying to
impress the flower of the Confederacy).  This noise was the result of a
factory defect, and I fixed it with a screwdriver and  my cordless drill with
a #9 bit.
  It was not in the trapwork. It was not in the underlevers.  I didn't touch
the tray.
Regards,
Ed Foote

(oohh, I hope it takes everybody a whole long time, but this is a fast
crew.....)