roller lube alternatives

Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 19:01:46 -0800

Dave,
         Absolute best (and cheapest) roller lube alternative is soapstone.
The soapstone marking sticks are available at hardware and welders supply.
I scrape them with a knife, or whatever, and the resulting powder is, as my
dad used to say, "slicker than snot".
      Great for writing, (like chalk), and for key beds, and for your
fingers on humid days. Got sticky (surface) keys? Just rub the stick
between your fingers before playing.
      I buy them by the box, and have given hundreds away at conventions.
Drop by in Chicago and get a freebie.       So to speak.

Guy