Thanks for all the suggestions

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Wed, 06 Mar 2002 14:54:36 -0800

A big thanks to all the suggestions about our project, some very good
ideas/points out there.

Terry Farrell's point about hide glue and dogs is a fact!  I used to
have a dog that I intentionally gave all my leftover hide glue to,
(after it had hardened into a glob).  This stuff is really just a
refined version of the same thing rawhide dog bones are made of and make
a very tasty treat if you happened to be a dog.   :-D

I will consider putting benches on wheels, this might prove useful.

I like the idea of painting the floor, it probably would make it easier
to keep clean.

Great idea putting the electrical outlets up about 4' off the floor.
 That would definitely make access easier in a shop.  I hadn't thought
about that one!

I am VERY interested in learning more about these "Full Spectrum
Lights".  If they do indeed use half the electricity, put out warmer and
brighter light, and last 18 years then they would be well worth looking
into.

The idea of skylights is becoming much more appealing.  I had initially
intended on a total of six.  After exploring our local Home Depot I am
learning that these things are actually quite cheep, ($60.00 for a
double thermal insulated skylight).  I think I will opt for more of
them.  We get sunlight 340 days out of the year here, might as well milk
it for all it's worth.

Perhaps as things move along I'll post some pictures.  Maybe I can post
a condensed copy of the blueprints, (which are actually printed and
really aren't blue anymore these days).

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV