Wissner 1890??

Dale Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:39:36 -0600

List,
As Jack's RVP, I feel compelled to refute the scurrilous accusations
which some on the list have made about his relationship with Otto
Wissner. It is _NOT_ true that Jack and Otto were partners in the piano
business in 1890!

The truth is that Jack and Otto met in a foxhole in the Franco Prussian
War in the early morning of April 1, 1870. Both men were exhausted
having slaughtered German and French opponents respectively all night.
Jack, whose real name is Jacques Y'Ette, recognized a kindred soul in
the lonely still darkness of that war torn night. Both had exhausted
their supply of ammunition and decided at that moment to declare a
temporary truce. Otto produced a bottle of fine Bavarian beer from his
knapsack and Jacques whipped up a Crème Brulee in his field helmet from
ingredients he scavenged from a deserted farm house. For one moment, in
a field torn by the savagery of war, the two men enjoyed a rather
civilized breakfast. They parted fast friends and were not to meet again
until coincidentally both went to work for the famed piano manufacturer
Fred Mathusheck. What a joyous reunion there was that day!

So, now you know the true story. Cease and desist from these slanders
and calumnies least you face the wrath of Jacques Y'Ette! (later
Americanized to Jack Wyatt).

Sincerely,
Dale
Dale E. Probst, RPT