Sohmer

JWyatt1492@AOL.COM JWyatt1492@AOL.COM
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:28:32 EST

Hello to All,

    After rebuilding many  Sohmers I have found
no pattern faults with the agraffe bridge system.
In fact they give less problems than the standard
system. I have also found that this system is easy
to work with and is very forgiving.
     Most of these will be found in the Cupid and
 scale" 9" models.  The fault patterns with these
pianos is the top lids are prone to crack especially on
the  scale "9" and on the Cupid the plate is prone to
crack on the strut right at  # 88 hammer behind the
capo-bar.  For years I had these repaired.  Then I
discovered that the crack did not hurt anything, tune
it to 440 and go..

Hope this helps,
Regards, to all
Jack Wyatt