Sohmer

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 05:52:21 EST

In a message dated 06/03/02 1:10:12 AM, Erwinspiano@AOL.COM writes:

<<" Were any of those 12 sohmers you rebuilt reverse crowned design?  I can't
be the only one. Can I?">>
 No Dale they weren't, at least not obviously so, the boards were really
kinda flat when all the strings/plate were out. A reverse crown "could" be
one explanation why such a large gap appears when the board and ribs separate
but I would guess that they are not.

<<"The ribs were still on the bottom of the board  only
bent the towards the floor of course.">>
Dale I've never noticed or measured this to be the case...doesn't mean they
aren't ...just not in my experience.

 <<"I do think I remember the bass strings
being really high tensions as Del said earlier. ">>
Yeah Del is right on here...the reason??? I don't know, but it 'might' have
something to do with the up bearing on the rest of the scale in order to
compensate in some manner in the bass section..........SWAG ONLY! :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)