Wendell 2002 "Victorian" WT

pbailey pbailey@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 22:48:24 -0800

Robert Wendell 2002 "Lite"  (Victorian) WT
C = +4.88
B =  -1.0
A#  = +3.9
A  =  0.0
G#  = +1.95
G  =   +3.9
F# = 0.0
F  =  +4.88
E  =   -1.0
D# =   +2.93
D =  +1.95
C#  =  +0.98

Only been using this a short time now.  Several clients who were
accustomed
to the Moore Representative Victorian had glowing praise for "the best
tuning
ever" when I switched to Wendell 2002 "Lite" - oh, and I didn't tell
them.

Now, this is a 'post - modern' temperament in the sense it doesn't have
a real
obvious aural bearing plan. But the outcome has a lot of the aural
qualities
of an aural - instinct b.p.

Bob Wendell has an underlying rational plan behind how the tempering of
the fifths is distributed, and to my ear the aural quality of this
temperament
derives from the seed of harmoniousness in that plan.

		Oh, did I say I like this temperament?

			Paul Bailey,
			Modesto CA

C = +4.88