Soundboard shape was chines

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:05:30 EST

.> Re: Chines and multi-piece rims
> .        Del and All
       I forgot to mention that the modern and current German made Steinway O
is an entirely diferent animal. I've played two tho this year and tonally
they sound more like the old six foot Model A stwys. These are on my personal
top ten best sounding  pianos list. So perhaps they've been redesigned but
the German factory obviously thought enough of the O  to keep the model.
However  it seems obvious that the Germans build a way different  sound board
than the New York Company.
        Any body know?