Shop is a commin'

Brian Trout grandrestorations@yahoo.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 05:06:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi Terry,

I'm still in a rented shop here, but...

In days gone by, I once was part of building a
shop.  The general theme of painting concrete
seemed to be "battle ship gray" at the time and
neither the other 'main shop dude' nor myself
wanted to look at "battle ship gray" all day.

We ended up taking a piece of 2 X 4 lumber we had
in the shop finding the color that most closely
resembled that piece of wood and painting the
floor THAT color.

Yes, we did have a few back-handed "comments"
from people about our "yellow" floor", but it
sure was easy on the eyes.  I liked the general
hue / color of the place.  It was fairly bright
as well.  (And if you didn't clean up your
sawdust very well after running a saw or the belt
sander, it wasn't so noticable either!)  ;-)

My only complaint was that it was extremely
slippery when wet.  I would imagine some sand
over top of the wet paint might have helped that.

I had some rubber mats in the shop here for a
while, but they didn't suit me well.  I like
moving stuff around too much and things didn't
roll over them well.

Just some scattered thoughts.

Take care,

Brian T.