Bass "tubby" sound

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:42:35 -0800 (PST)

There's a part in chapter 4 in the Reblitz Book "Piano
servicing, tuning and rebuilding" which says to try
lowering the tension, taking the string off the hitch
pin, forming a loop in the string, and running it up
and down the string a couple times to flex the wire
and loosen the dirt; then replace the string, adding a
half twist in the direction of the winding.  This
worked wonders for me in my 56" 1913 upright.