Shop is a commin'

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:55:17 -0800

Rob,
I echo Jim's sentiments exactly.  I have one large workbench which I neglected to make mobile and it is the one I wish I could move the most often.  I love being able to reconfigure my space to be able to fit the different pianos that are in and out.

jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2002 7:09 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Shop is a commin'

Rob;
 One thing you might want to consider is putting 'all' your benches/tables on
heavy duty casters. Everything in my shop is on these thingees and though
some of the benches are moved all the time.....the heavy duty type are only
occasionaly moved and I have never been sorry for the time/money/effort taken
to equip my shop thusly...you never can tell where you want the benches for
the next job and if they are 'portable' you can constantly reconfigure the
shop for best efforts with ease as the shop loads change.
Just a thought.
Jim Bryant (FL)