String Alignment

Elliot Dey Wilcox elliot31@juno.com
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 08:33:48 -0600

Pianotech Forum members,
	I'd like to restate my previous question regarding string alignment by
making it more general. Deviation in alignment of tuning pins exists in
some pianos. Recently, I have seen new grands with strings binding on
adjacent tuning pins as they travel down to the agraffes. Does anyone
have an opinion the challenge of equalizing string pressure while tuning
such strings, strings breakage, etc.? And how much deviation in string
alignment is too much regarding number of strings involved and sharpness
of the binding angle?
					Thanks again. Elliot Wilcox, RPT, St. Paul, MN
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.