Bass "tubby" sound

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Sat, 02 Mar 2002 11:31:57 -0600

Were the wrapped strings on the treble bridge "tubby" or just the
ones on the bass bridge?  I've seen bass bridges loose (too little
glue from the factory) but if the wrapped strings on the treble
bridge are "tubby" that's probably not it.  The last one I did like
that I loosened the tension on the bass strings and as I was removing
the strings from the hitch pins the bass bridge fell off.

dave

On 3/2/02 at 11:34 AM JSmith3109@AOL.COM wrote:

>Serviced at Baldwin Hamilton (1960ish) today. The piano sounds fine
until
>you
>get to the bass strings...Then the sound is "tubby" the pitch is
there,
>but
>there is not a real piano sound. Thot bass bridge was at fault, but
cannot
>find anythiong happening there. Any help? Thanks
>J. Smith

David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts