False Beats

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 18:28:30 -0800

William,
Did you rest something on top of a bridge pin to see it the offending =
string would behave? My experience with most Kimballs is dealing with =
loose bridge pins and poorly notched bridges and poor material making up =
the bridge cap.
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: William R. Monroe=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 5:13 PM
  Subject: False Beats

  List,

  I serviced a 1973 Kimball Grand today that has some serious false =
beats in the upper tenor and treble sections.  Tried dressing them to =
the bridge and did not noticeably help.  Looked over key points and =
everything seems to be in order (bridge pinning and notching look good, =
agraffes seem to be applying adequate downpressure).  Is there anything =
I may have overlooked before I suggest replacing some of the offenders?

  William R. Monroe
  Associate PTG
  Salt Lake City, UT