Clean piano

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 06:19:56 -0700

Yes Terry that is what the etc stands for. I nevetr could have gotten all
the fine tool makers who support our industry on the page without slighting
someone. <O:(
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 5:34 AM
Subject: Re: Clean piano

> "especially those the quality of the Spurlock, Mannino, Franklin, Mahaffy,
Renner, etc, etc, etc"

> Hey Joe! And  Mother Goose!
>
> Terry Farrell
>
> P.S. and Mazzaglia

Bill Spurlock's outlook on tool making is , but myself I try to target the
market that would like a tool made for them as time is money. Tool makers
are selling the time that it takes to design the tool, redesign the tool
because the design did not work or to make it work better, gather all the
parts, make the tool, ship it , attend conventions to promote and show, etc
etc.
> Not trying to say that we should not make our own tools when we can, for
that is where a lot of us started, but reminding it is an expensive
undertaking to develop tools, especially those the quality of the Spurlock,
Mannino, Franklin, Mahaffy, Renner, etc, etc, etc

> Joe Goss
> imatunr@srvinet.com
> www.mothergoosetools.com

several -different sizezs for various parts of the board) very easily for
quite a bit less than what he charges for them. A length of brazing rod with
a piece of flat brass stock silver soldered in a "T". You can grind the ends
round and file sand buff whatever. Bend a handle shape in the other end.
Cover the brass with bushing cloth and clean away! I have three home made
tools that I have been using for years. Ever since I saw Spurlock's!

>   Phil Romano
>   Myrtle Beach, SC

thingies, (not really sure what to call it, sort of a squeegee for piano
dirt).  Once you use these tools you will never use anything else.  I have
thoroughly cleaned a dirty board in ten minutes with these.   If you are not
familiar with this tool see it here:

>     http://www.spurlocktools.com/id32.htm
>
>     Rob Goodale, RPT
>     Las Vegas, NV
>

>     HazenBannister@cs.com wrote:
>
>       Hi list,
>        I was at a church today for a cleaning,and tuning on a small
grand.I used a yard stick to clean the soundboard,under the strings.It
worked a lot better than a soundboard steel.It is flexible,but stiffer,so
you can push a cloth easier,and a much thicker one.It is also very soft
wood,so there's no chance of scratching the wood.You can also insert it at
the treble string break and cover the whole board.Push the cloth to the top
of the treble,and with the action out,you can remove the cloth with your
hand.