piano refinishing

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sun, 09 Jun 2002 14:44:09 -0400

Yes, I remember that with my first water based experience. It sure looked
like orange peel to me as I was spraying out of a HVLP setup. Oh No! I
thought as I debated whether or not to quickly wipe it off. I thought
something was wrong with my gun and changed tips several times before I
just let it go and waited to see how it dried. Still wish I had a little
warning for that one. I found, too, that stripper doesn't do much with this
stuff. I'm speaking of the Oxford Premium Spray Lacquer. Not only did I
goof on one piece but then i had a devil of a time getting it back off!
I've sprayed Nitro before but not very often. It was still, however, enough
to make the water based a bit of a learning curve. Still learning am I and
really appreciating this discussion!!

Appreciatively,
Greg Newell