US made Yamaha upright

Mark Wisner MWisner@yamaha.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:20:44 -0700

--=_673B1F74.F091F87D
Would a bit of hammer voicing transform this "Two Dimensional" and =
"Superficial" upright into something that sounds as good as a "nasty, =
clunky, filthy old American upright
from the teens"?=20

Mark Wisner
Yamaha Corporation
mwisner@yamaha.com

>>> lclgcnp@yahoo.com 07/30/02 10:02PM >>>
Dear List,
     I just tuned a new 48 or 50" Yamaha upright at a
church ( forget what model ).  It was clean, shiny and
new, and had a uniform  action.   But, frankly, the
tone lacked "depth". The words "Two Dimensional"
and "Superficial" come to mind. For all of their other
problems, a nasty, clunky, filthy old American upright
from the teens still has more "depth" of tone, more
resonance than this thing does!  That is my subjective
opinion. Can someone put it into objective, scientific
terms and offer an explanation or remedy?
     Respectfully,
     Gordon Stelter

--=_673B1F74.F091F87D
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...