grand damper heads

Tue, 30 Jul 2002 23:37:03 +0200

Carl Meyer wrote:

> List!  I made a boo boo!

Shame on you Carl :)

> It's worked fine except yesterday I forgot and left it overnight.  The felt sure soaked off, but some of the finish in now coming off.

Woah.... what did you use to soak off the felt ??

> My question:  Since I will have to strip the tops of these heads and refinish, could I just spray the whole head (sides and all) black?  Would that look tacky?  It would be difficult to mask the sides or at least take extra work.

Black high gloss on the sides of grand dampers as well as
the tops is certainly unusual... perhaps because the sides
are not seen enough to warrant the work in the first place
??? So a nice job might look odd if you first noticed and
thought about it but otherwise shouldnt be a problem. But
why not just block them all tight together and just do the
tops ??

Cheers !

RicB