pianotech-digest V2002 #1169

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:33:09 EDT

In a message dated 7/21/02 8:30:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
mickeykes2@uf.znet.com writes:

> Maybe at future regionals and nationals, there could be a series of classes
> specifically designed to help train Associates to pass the RPT exams.
> Hands-on tuning, hands-on regulating, and hands-on basic repair classes,
> focused directly on the skills needed to pass the exams, would undoubtedly
> up the number of RPTs dramatically.
>
> Tossing modesty to the wind for a moment, let me just add that I have
> experience in Industrial Training design and am currently a college
> professor, so if there's any interest in my suggestion, and if I can be of
> any help, I would be more than happy to help put together such a curriculum.
>
> Just my two pennies.
>
> Mark (Mickey) Kessler

Dear professor Kessler (Mickey)

Thank you for making this observation. This is exactly the point I have
trying to make to the "powers that be" in the PTG for several years. Perhaps
it coming from a college professor, maybe someone will finally listen.

Wim