Taxes and retirement

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 10:42:33 EDT

     Bob

       My understanding is earning 40 quarters at or above 18k a year gets
you the max benifit. Compare the SS contributions from the guy making 18k a
year(what 2K)to the guy paying the max.15k or so. They get the same benifit
at retirement though there contributuions were no where nears equal. I call
that wealth redistrubtion. So from that point of view folks with subchapter S
corps are trying to equal that playing field by limiting what they give SS
and then do whatever they wish with the extra be it investment or a vacation.
  I personally don't want the hassle of more governmental regs that come with
a Corp at this time. If you screw up in a corp. things can get ugly as the
state takes running them properly more serious than the fed especially here
in the Golden State.
   Dale Erwin