Chicago (was Re: Dallas Convention)

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Wed, 03 Jul 2002 15:58:28 -0500

On 7/3/02 2:33 PM, "Newton Hunt" <nhunt@optonline.net> wrote:

> I know, I know, but sometimes I have to blow off some steam when friends of
> mine are getting a raw deal and I think what was done to us was about as raw
> as it gets.
>
> I still think we were messed about overly much and the hotel should compensate
> us for the inconveniences.

It would be a mistake to assume that no financial adjustments were made. It
is an open question whether the adjustments were adequate to make up for the
inconvenience to our piano movers and other institute volunteers.

But in the end, most convention attendees, with a few big exceptions, were
unaware of the problems; the institute committee kept the problems behind
the scenes out of pride and sheer determination. Our debt to the institute
committee and volunteers is a very large one.

Kent Swafford