Email from the Nigerian ...

Hechler, Duaine & Laura dahechler@mlc.net
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 21:50:37 -0500

... well, we just got the latest Consumer Reports magazine, August 2002,
page 59, and Consumer Reports called their bluff.

In an article called "Deposit or withdrawal ?"

"Just when we thought we'd seen the last of the years-old "Nigeria
scam," it turned up again, like a bad penny -- or in theis case, a bad
$25.8 million."

"The Nigerian scam is widespread and people who get a little greedy can
lose a lot of money. The scam represented 15.5 percent of the 16,775
complaints of fraud referred to the Internet Fraud Complaint Center in
2001. Sixteen complainants lost money - a median of $5,575 per victim."

--
Duaine Hechler
Harmonium, Melodeon, Pump Organ & Parlor Organ Rebuilding