voiceing

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 00:18:50 -0800

> >some on these terms and explain more about Woof. The Yamaha U3
> >I tuned today had a hollowness in the Woof from F#3 to D4.
>
> If you got no woof, what's weft? Just as well weave. And the bass/tenor
> break is where in this piano?

The break is D/D#  2 wound bichords, F3 is the 1st trichord
> >The hammers
> >looked uniform so I'm thinking it's in the bridge.

> Looked uniform? Is there a visual voicing technique I'm not aware of? >
about this. In the bridge? As in soundboard impedance too low in the low
> tenor, correctable by voicing? Ok, I confess. I'm intrigued by this one
> too. Yes, pray do expound.

I was thinking "meta"physically. As you would expect, when I pound, I can
get more of a yelp from the beast. The initial burst of sound I'm
understanding as being Woof. In this case the bark is worse than the bite. I
was using the U3 as an example to refine or redefine my terminology for
voicing. So PLEASE correct me. My feeling about the sound was the dog is big
but locked in a storage shed. The hammers, picture perfect spacing, travel,
alignment. The string marks identical hammer to hammer. Hardly played, maybe
hard hammers. My thinking,, it's a bridge problem and hear you complicate
the meta with board physical. How would I know for sure I have an impedance
problem? I hate being a hypochondriac.
The customer is a weekender don't know when she'll want me back. I did raise
my incredibly cheap price $30 on the install of a d-chaser and recommended a
backcover due to the nearby heating vent.
Keith R