Generic EBVT Tuning Chart

SidewaysWell1713@aol.com SidewaysWell1713@aol.com
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:54:25 EST

In a message dated 12/29/02 11:36:59 PM Central Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:

> You mean C8 at +200 cents???  The last time somebody asked me to tune
> something that sharp it became clear that they were stone deaf above C7.
>
> David Love

Yes, there was an old blind tuner here who consistently tuned that way.  I
have seen at least one other person who noted that when he came to a piano
where the 7th octave went through the roof, he asked if Mr. so & so had tuned
it and it turned out to be so.  That man died about a year and a half ago, so
now all of his very loyal customers have sought others to do their tuning.

Not only was the 7th octave in (quite irregular) orbit but the temperament
was always, you guessed it, RW.  But believe me, he had LOYAL customers and
was probably the best loved tuner around here.  You wouldn't believe the
sense of loss his customers express.

Now, do you think I say anything about either that 7th octave or the
temperament?  Not one word.  I just agree with the customers about what a
wonderful man he was.  (I don't think anyone on Pianotech except maybe one
other person from Madison knew him.  He was never a PTG member).

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin