Clear poly repair

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 21:21:21 -0600

List Members

A dealer asked me to look at and repair if possible the nicked edge of a
Young Chang Grand finished in mahogany, high gloss polyester.  A display was
tipped against the lid and left about a dozen chips and dents along the
edge.  The spots range from 2 to 15 mm in size; the wood was not damaged.
I've done a few small clear poly touch ups with CA, but never anything this
extensive. Do any of the finishers/spot finishers on the list have
successful tricks for repairing clear gloss poly, or can you recommend
someone?

Thanks!

Paul Chick